Sunday, June 28, 2009

No Me Platiques Mas

For those of you who don't speak Spanish, the translation for the title is "Don't Speak to Me Anymore". Now before you get your hair all up in a dandruff, I am not telling you that, I am simply telling you the name of one of my favorite Spanish songs.

In the song, Luis Miguel, tells the love of his life not to tell him anything about her past. The only thing he cares about is from the moment they met and their future. That leaves me thinking, is that really a good way to shape a relationship?

I mean, doesn't your past shape your future? And if it does, then isn't it better to know as much as you can about the person you are involved with so you can properly shape your future?

What do you think my friends, is the past necessary for the success of a future in a relationship?

3 comments:

  1. I agree Jeanette. The past does shape our future. Without our past we cannot be the person we are today. Sharing your past with your significant other helps them understand why you believe or think the way you do. I believe in sharing. Hiding your past usually brings up questions in the future. It will surface eventually. Our life lessons and past experience make us the person he or she fell in love with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, not sure I'm doing this right, but the translation is wrong. The correct translation is "Don't speak to me of this." He doesn't want to hear of her past. It hurts to know that she had a life before without him. He wants to imagine that thet were both born in the instant that thet met. Let's face it. Latin writer write with their hearts not their heads. So the message is not going to be a philosophical one

      Delete
  2. I'm with someone who was 5 months pregnant while we met. I feel that it was love at first site, and the connection was instance. Granted, that relationship with the biological father of baby was over before I met her, and it is more than clear to me that my girl has no feelings whatsoever for that person. But when I ask her what happened in that relationship, she refuses to answer and instead seems to put up a resistance, saying that talking about it won't bring anything positive into the relationship. She can be a bit obstinate at times. I also admit that her putting up this resistance makes me want to dig more. It's tearing me inside. What do you think I should do?

    ReplyDelete