Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Day Pop Culture Died

Today is indeed a very sad day. Two ICONS from the 70's and 80's have passed away.

The first, Farrah Fawcett, was an angel...Charlie's Angel that is. She was the one with the hair and the pin up girl that showed that woman can be DAMN SEXY without baring it all. So many boys had their first wet dream with her poster in their room and so many girls tried to emulate her style.

The second, and truly tragic, was the KING OF POP!!! Michael Jackson was the young boy that so many people loved to dance and sing to his music. He was everywhere. There wasn't a moment that you wouldn't hear one of his songs on the radio. He made you want to get up and sing and dance and just enjoy life all the way around. He had his problems, and he had his issues, but that all aside, he was truly liked by the world all over.

I know for me personally this is a very sad day because two major "memories" from my youth have passed away. It shows that mortality is around the corner for all of us and that at one time or another, all of our childhood dreams actually fade away.

So my friends, tell me... do you have any special stories about Farrah or Michael?

I would love to know!!

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was a pretty sheltered Christian when Farrah F. became popular. Upon visiting friends back in the '70s, one friend said, "Boy, I bet you'd like to do Farrah F.". To be honest, I didn't watch TV and I didn't know who she was.

    With Michael J., I think he was mostly loathed by most. That's how I felt toward him and I'm sure I project my thoughts on others. But I'm sure we'll start to see now how great a man MJ was.

    We always speak highly of people after they die. Since no one speaks highly of me, and I believe in the after life, I think I'll kill myself just to finally hear someone say something nice about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette & Michael - I've really enjoyed reading your blogs. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. cd

    ReplyDelete