Monday, August 15, 2016

Mondays aren't what they used to be....

I used to dread Mondays.  The day after that fun filled weekend when you would have to get up early, get dressed and head into the place you call "the office".  I used to wake up on Mondays wishing it was already Thursday.  That's not the way it is for me anymore.. I now LIVE for Mondays.  Why, you ask?  I will tell you why.  I basically work on the weekends now.  I spend both Saturday and Sunday at my mom's house doing house work, yard work, finances, shopping, etc. etc. etc.  By the time I get home I am usually wayyyyy to tired to go out and do anything.  But come Monday, my mom's care giver comes back and I get two days of not having to be responsible for someone else.  I can actually take care of myself (in between 40 phone calls from her) and do things I need to do. Now, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are up for grab because many times I have to take her to appointments, or get things done for her.

Now before you get all self-righteous and start saying.. "that's your mom, you should do these things" it's not as easy as it seems. Taking care of your child is an obligation YOU CHOOSE.   For the most part, if your child is well behaved you tell them to do something and they do it.  But with a parent, it's a different game. You know what has to be done, you tell them, yet they argue with you and you can't send them to their room.. You have to sit there and explain over and over why something should or shouldn't be done.  This is not an obligation that YOU CHOSE.  It's an obligation that, if you are that well brought up child, you have to do. 

So, come Monday.. I am a happy camper.  (between all the phone calls)  

No comments:

Post a Comment