Friday, August 19, 2016

Frustration.. and knowing how to handle it.

One might think that this is funny and has no basis in fact.. when in reality this is my life.  The number of times I have to tell my mother (83 years old) and my husband (62 years old) how to do something on the computer is so frustrating.  It's frustrating because for me it seems so easy, and I don't understand why it can't be that easy for them.  I guess the answer to that is simple...I know what to do and they don't.

When you know what to do, doing it is easy and there is no frustration.. but when you don't and you keep trying over and over it becomes frustrating.  Not only to ME, but to the person trying to do the action in question.  I forget that many times. It goes the same for when my mother asks me the same question 40 times.  It's not that it's her goal to frustrate me (God I hope not) its just she simply doesn't remember she asked me the first time.  I have to learn to control my frustration because it doesn't do her any good and it certainly doesn't do me any good either.

So, next time someone does or says something that frustrates you just remember before you get all upset, are they doing it because they are trying to get your goat, or is it simply that they are "just" as frustrated as you are and don't know how to release that frustration.

If we can all remember that..things will get a little easier... I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment