Sunday, May 9, 2021

When neighbors are the best.. there' nothing better.

 As Johnny would say... "I'M HOME".. or at least in my home in the desert.  We arrived early yesterday and had a tons to do... like always.  Spectrum gave me a run for my money, but I beat them.. almost.  At least I didn't give up.

But I digress. When we left our Brea home yesterday, we knew that we had an unwanted visitor in the house.  A little guy (who turned out to be big) and he was NOT INVITED.   So, Miguel (what I call him aka Michael, aka Mikey, aka honey), set some traps for our uninvited friend.  I was praying we were wrong and there was actually NO one visiting.. well, there was someone visiting.  This morning one of Michael's friends went to the house to retrieve something for Michael.  While he was there, he noticed that our intruder had been stopped DEAD in his tracks (or should I say trap).  He told us, but he could not do anything with the distasteful intruder at that time.  Knowing, that I could NEVER leave that intruder sitting on my counter for a MONTH...I called my neighbor (who will be called Todd... I won't tell you if that's his true name or not). Todd, right away went over to our house, went to the kitchen, took the intruder and placed him in a death bag, and proceeded to clean my counter so there would be no remnants of this unwelcomed creature.  (He was unwelcomed because he never even bothered to pay rent).  

This my friend is what you call a true neighbor.  Stepping up in my hour of need.  So, if you ever are as lucky as we are, to have a true neighbor... count your blessings because they come few and far between.

Thank you Todd (if that's your real name), for keeping my house sanitized.  

BTW.. Happy Mother's Day to all and I am now off to the pool.👍

No comments:

Post a Comment