Friday, May 7, 2021

Is life really this difficult?


 Another day.... another hoping to not feel sick and make sure I stay as healthy as possible.  If you are asking me why I'm writing that, it's because, I've been a sickiepoo.

It started last December when I struggled with a bout of diverticulitis and went on antibiotics.  Within about 4 days the pain went away, and I realized that I had to change the way I eat, if I didn't want this to come back.  Well, I started to watch what I eat, and what I do, and unfortunately in February the diverticulitis came back.  This time I had to be admitted to the hospital.  It took IV antibiotics this time to get me better.  Problem with that, I was allergic to the antibiotics.  So, when I finished taking them I developed a terrible rash that lasted almost 3 weeks.

Knowing I hadn't done anything (eating wise) to bring this on, I went more gun ho on what I ate.  I became very stringent and very cautious.  I actually bought a home in the desert during this time, and started enjoying it with my hubby and my girls, until fate struck again and another flare up happened in the desert.  This time, I didn't have to go to the hospital, but I was placed on antibiotics that have simply destroyed my stomach lining.  I am now off of them, and hoping that this feeling of fatigue and nausea goes away.  

Why am I telling you all this.... I guess it's to ask myself why, when we do everything we are supposed to do in life, things just go wrong.  Is life really this difficult?

I'm going to pray it's not.  I'm going to work on keeping myself better.  But sometimes the stress and the inability to control what goes on around us is just too much to handle.

So, I leave for the desert again tomorrow.  Wish me well.  Pray that this was the final and last time I will experience this...or atleast, that I'm home and not in the desert.


No comments:

Post a Comment