Friday, September 27, 2013

What's It all about, Alfie?

So it's been a while since I have updated my blog.  Not much has happened.  In my professional life I am starting to behave and actually work as a private defense attorney.  I am blessed to have some good friends who are helping me with this transition (and by transition I mean..how much to charge), and I am blessed to have friends who are providing me with work. 

It's a great feeling being your own boss.  There are many responsibilities that go with it, but not having to answer to anybody is still a great feeling.  I am in no way putting down public work because without it, we as a nation, would be NO WHERE;  I just feel that now is the time for me to try and make it on my own.  It's slow... but it's getting there.

As for my personal life, things are very status quo.  We don't do much of anything.  Michael says it's because we are opposites..and he is right.  We are complete opposites.  But I think it also has a lot to do with not having the fortitude to go out and try something new and different.  Here it is a Friday night, 8:42pm and Michael is already asleep.  Shouldn't we be out dancing, or seeing an opera, or seeing the theater, or doing something fantastic?

And if we just stay at home, and if I work as if I never retired, then I ask myself the question..."what's it all about?

I want to do something fabulous with my life; I want to make a major dent for those that follow; I just honestly don't know what that would be at this time.  I want to feel like I did when I was in my 20's and 30"s and I didn't even begin to get ready to go out until this time.  Is it possible?  Can the youth be relived? 

Tell me what you think my friends.. I would love to hear your thoughts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment