Monday, October 14, 2013

An entanglement of emotions and the three stages of marriage.

This was a very bizarre weekend for me.  I went from euphoria to sheer sadness.  Its amazing how your emotions can literally change your physical well being in a blink of an eye.

The weekend started great.  I went to the wedding of one of my bff's daughter on Friday night.  The great thing about the wedding was that they granted me the honor of actually officiating the wedding.  I thought I would be scared, but I wasn't.  I actually enjoyed it immensely and really would love to do it again.  Being the part of the beginning of a life together is something that is very gratifying and very uplifting.

On Saturday I got a call from my pseudo - niece that her uncle, (my dearest friend's husband) was in the critical care unit because while the doctors were preforming a procedure on him, he went into cardiac arrest and they lost his pulse for 10 minutes.  The way my girlfriend was informed was horrendous and when she arrived at the hospital she found her husband intubated and in a medically induced coma to keep his body temperature below 32 degrees.  He is only 49 years old.  As of today, they are slowly bringing him out of the coma and he is responding slowly to commands given to him by the neurologist.  Still, praying it gets through this, they have such a hard road to go and it breaks my heart.

Then on Sunday, another dear friend tells me that their very young marriage is on the rocks and that the couple has separated and may possibly be getting divorced.  This came out of nowhere and it has put me in a tail spin as well.

It's weird,  because it is the three things in one weekend, that can happen to marriage. Marriage itself, divorce and death.  A sheer entanglement of emotions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment